Collection of Your Personal Information
"Personal Information" refers to information that relates to an identified, or identifiable, person. This includes, for example, your first and last name, home address or email address. In addition to Personal Information, we also collect
"non-personal information," which is information that does not identify you. Examples of non-personal information include age range and gender, or aggregate information. The Personal Information that we collect depends on what services you use or
information that you request. The following are examples of some Personal Information that we may collect as well as when and how we collect it.
Registration and Transactional Data
When you register on or use our Website, we may collect various kinds of Personal Information, including your first and last name, email address, home address, home phone number, personal interests and preferred vacation/leisure destinations. The information is used to process your requests or to send you information about the Company, our products, services or offerings. The information can also be used to create a convenient and easy-to-use online reservation/shopping process that auto fills your information after login. We also collect and store access information related to your account, including user name and user password. When you make purchases from our Website, we may collect additional information including credit card information in order to process your purchase.
Surveys & Contests
From time to time, we may post surveys and/or contests on our Website or otherwise send you surveys. The surveys and/or contests may request demographic information (such as age range, gender, areas of interest and familiarity with Company or our products and services) and customer feedback. Participation in these requests is completely voluntary. With each request, you will have the choice of whether or not to disclose information. Information collected will be used to improve our products and services, customer service, and the overall experience on our Website. Information may also be used to customize marketing based on your interests.
Customer Service Correspondence
We may collect information that identifies you individually, such as your first and last name, home address, email address, phone number, and fax number when you submit comments, questions or suggestions to our customer service department. We use that information to verify your identity and to respond to your correspondence.
We may use information about you for statistical, design or operational purposes such as to estimate our audience size, to measure aggregate traffic patterns and/or to understand demographics, customer interest, purchasing and other trends among our users and customers, including you.
Marketing and Promotions
We may also use your Personal Information for the marketing and/or promotion of Company, our subsidiaries and/or affiliated companies, including their products and services.
Sharing Your Personal Information
We may share your information with service providers such as cruise lines, tour providers, travel insurance and others who help us operate our business or fulfill services on our behalf.
We may share your information with companies that are under common ownership or control with Company, our subsidiaries and/or affiliated companies.
We may share or sell your information as an asset of Company in conjunction with the sale to a third party of our Company, our subsidiaries and/or affiliated companies, or a portion of our or their assets.
We may share your information:
- to conform with the law, respond to claims or comply with legal process served on Company (e.g., a lawful subpoena, warrant or court order, or discovery request);
- to enforce or apply our policies or agreements (including to bill and collect for amounts owed to us);
- to protect and defend our or our users’ rights or property, our Websites, our employees, users, or the public, including fraudulent, abusive or unlawful use of our Website; or
- if we reasonably believe that an emergency involving immediate danger of death or serious physical injury to any person requires disclosure of communications or justifies disclosure of records without delay.
You can make the following choices regarding your Personal Information:
- Promotional Emails. You may choose to provide us with your email address for the purpose of allowing us to send newsletters, surveys, offers, and other promotional materials to you, as well as targeted offers from third parties. You can stop receiving promotional emails by following the unsubscribe instructions in emails that you receive or by contacting us with such request pursuant to the “How to Contact Us” section below. If you decide not to receive promotional emails, we may still send you service-related communications.
- Promotional Mailings. If at any time you do not want to receive physical mailers from us, you can remove yourself from our mailing list by contacting us with such request pursuant to the “How to Contact Us” section below and including "NO SNAIL MAIL" in the subject line along with your name, address and zip code. Although we will remove your name from our mailing list after receiving your request, you may still receive mailings from us that had been initiated prior to your name being removed.
- Changes to Your Personal Information. We rely on you to update and correct your Personal Information. Most of our Websites allow you to modify your account profile. Note that we may keep historical information in our backup files as permitted by law. If our Website does not permit you to update or correct certain information, contact us with such request pursuant to the “How to Contact Us” section below.
- Revocation of Consent. You may revoke consent, or object, to specific processing of your Personal Information by contacting us with such request pursuant to the “How to Contact Us” section below. If you revoke your consent for the processing of Personal Information, then we may no longer be able to provide you services. In some cases, we may limit or deny your request to revoke consent if the law permits or requires us to do so, or if we are unable to adequately verify your identity.
- Access to Your Personal Information. If required by law, upon request, we will grant you with reasonable access to the Personal Information that we have about you. You may request access to your Personal Information by contacting us with such request pursuant to the “How to Contact Us” section below.
- Online Tracking. We do not currently recognize automated browser signals regarding tracking mechanisms, which may include "Do Not Track" instructions.
- California Residents. California residents may be entitled to ask us for a notice describing what categories of Personal Information (if any) we share with third parties or affiliates for direct marketing purposes. If you are a California resident and would like a copy of such notice, please submit a written request to us pursuant to the “How to Contact Us” section below.
Protecting Your Information & Security
We are proud of our commitment to protecting your privacy online. We value your trust in us and will work hard to earn your confidence so that you can enthusiastically use our services and recommend us to friends and family. When users submit sensitive information via the website, your information is protected both online and off-line.
All pages on our website that collect user data are encrypted utilizing the best encryption software in the industry - SSL. Pages requiring personal identifying informational also are session based with timeouts in order to protect your data should you leave your computer unattended.
While we use SSL encryption to protect sensitive information online, we also do everything in our power to protect user information off-line. All user information, not just the sensitive information mentioned above, is restricted in our offices. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, a customer service representative) are granted access to personally identifiable information. Our employees are required to secure their computers when leaving their desks, and must utilize a password to re-gain access to their computer. Additionally, all personal information is secured in a database that has authorization levels depending on the employe function, requires unique passwords for entry, and has session timeouts. Furthermore, ALL employees are kept up-to-date on our security and privacy practices. Every month, as well as any time new policies are added, our employees are notified and/or reminded about the importance we place on privacy, and what they can do to ensure our customers' information is protected. Finally, the servers that we store personally identifiable information on are kept in a secure environment, behind a locked cage.
If you have any questions about the security of your personal information, please feel free to contact us pursuant to the “How to Contact Us” section below.
Retention of Information
We retain Personal Information for the period necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this policy, or until an individual requests that we delete information about them, unless a longer retention period is required or is permitted by law. If you would like additional information concerning how long we keep a specific type of information, you can contact us pursuant to the “How to Contact Us” section below.
We collect aggregate information about you and your use of our Website whenever you visit us online. For instance, we may collect various forms of "click stream" information such as entry and exit points for our Website (i.e., referring URLs or domains), site traffic statistics, page views, impressions, and operating system and browser type. In addition, when you request pages on our Website, our servers automatically log your IP addresses. An IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer whenever you are surfing the internet. We also track traffic directed to the Website from affiliate websites and the purchases that result from this traffic. This aggregate information generally will not identify you or be correlated to you individually for external purposes. If we do correlate any aggregate information to you, such information will be treated like any other Personal Information under this policy.
Links to Other Sites
Please be aware that we provide links to third-party websites as a service to our users, and that we are not responsible for the content or information collection practices of those pages. Please note that these websites' privacy policies may differ
Transmission of Information For Customer of Other Countries
We are a United States of America based corporation. Accordingly, our servers and offices are located in the United States, so your information will be transferred to, stored, or processed in the United States. While the data protection, privacy, and other laws of the United States might not be as comprehensive as those in your country, we take many steps to protect your privacy.
Third Party Tracking
We participate in behavior-based advertising. This means that a third party may use technology (e.g., cookies) to collect information about your use of our Website so that it can provide advertising about products and services tailored to your interests. That advertising may appear either on our Website, or on other websites. You can opt out of receiving advertising based on your browsing behavior from some network advertising companies by going to the Network Advertising Initiative and the Digital Advertising Alliance websites, although to completely prevent advertising based upon your browsing behavior you should also disable the cookies on your browser.
How to Contact Us
Email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or send a letter to:
Vacation Superstore Network, Inc.
Attn: Privacy Support
240 NW Peacock Blvd, Suite 201
Port Saint Lucie, FL 34986
If you are not satisfied with our response, and you are in the European Union, you may have a right to lodge a complaint with your local supervisory authority.
Effective Date: May 25, 2018